This is how it works:
- Designers provide options such as fabric, color and silhouette
- Consumers vote on their favorite combinations over the course of a week
- The following week the winning styles are made available for pre-order in limited editions
- Each designer uses their production infrastructure and supply chain to produce the items
- Styles are delivered to customers in 8 weeks or less for fashion and 12 weeks or less for home
Using co-creation can be a very strategic way for an organisation. Fashion is really divers and everyone has their own taste. You probably once had something in mind you really wanted to have, but couldn’t find it anywhere. Cut On Your Bias has seen this insight and wants to react on it. I think co-creation is a good tool to use in the fashion industry, because the consumer want to play a part in the designing process. They want to be heard and appreciated. With this site they know their wants will be heard. You also know that the winning piece, will be sold much more, because the consumer is involved and feels bonded with the company.